Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This came from one of my aunts. It is so simple, and nobody will know that you used cranberry juice.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle cranberry juice
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Put roast in a pan that you can cover. Pour the juice in (enough to come up about 3/4 of the roast).
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Cover tightly with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about 5 hours.
- If you want to add vegetables, do so the last hour or so.
- The juices can be thickened to make a gravy (use whatever method you choose).