Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
To be served with goose, pheasant, or other game/poultry.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups fresh cranberries or 3 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- fresh thyme sprig, for garnish
- Heat the stock in a 2-quart saute pan over medium heat; bring to a simmer.
- Add in the cranberries and sugar; continue cooking for 10-15 minutes until the berries have popped and the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Add in the port and thyme; bring back to a simmer.
- Continue to cook for a few more minutes; turn the heat off.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools; if the sauce becomes too thick, add more stock or more port.