Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An all grown up version of cranberry sauce! Found on www.ilovepickles.com and they suggest to spoon sauce onto each plate to form a pool and then place chicken, turkey or fish fillet on top. We prefer a sweet sauce so next time I make it, I will increase the sugar and orange juice.
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup banana pepper, seeded & diced (the pickled variety)
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- In 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat all ingredients to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.