Recipe by chia
I love port after dinner, and I love to cook dried fruit with it. This recipe is perfect with the dried berries and the combo of dried and fresh is delicious. in this photo i used dried cherries and golden raisins instead of the dried cranberries, very colorful and tasty.
Top Review by sahmcakediva
I have been using this recipe every Thanksgiving since it first appeared in Bon Appetite a few years ago. I love it and normally I hate cranberry sauce. It's a definite crowd pleaser! *sorry got the magazine wrong!*
- 1 cup ruby port
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken n half
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring port and cinnamon stick to boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium, add dried cranberries and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add fresh berries, water, sugar.
- Bring back to boil until sugar dissolves, then lower to simmer, cover and cook 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Discard cinnamon stick and serve at room temperature.