Recipe by Queenkungfu
This sauce can be made a few days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve with your Christmas bird. From Crabtree and Evelyn.
Top Review by magpie diner
Made this last night for a holiday dinner later this week. Really easy and tasty! I didn't have the red currant jelly, which may have made it a little sweeter, so we had to add a little more sugar. Thanks Queenkunfu!
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup port wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 inch slice fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-reactive saucepan, combine cranberries, port, sugar, orange zest, and gingerroot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until cranberries have popped and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Discard gingerroot.
- Stir in jelly.
- Let it cool to room temperature before serving.