Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A very simple and easy crockpot recipe for pork. Wonderful served with garlic mashed potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling, add pork roast and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned (4 to 6 minutes).
- Place in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with dried soup mix and cumin, spread cranberry sauce on top of the dry ingredients.
- Cover, cook on Low heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or until roast is fork tender.
- To serve, cut meat into slices, stir mustard into sauce and serve over meat.
This recipe was so easy yet such a keeper. I crockpot five times a week and this was so easy to throw together in the morning. I served it with a side salad and garden rice. I thickened the liquid with flour and water to serve over pork. Wow!!!
Wonderful flavor. I love cranberries and pork. I used boneless country style spareribs and cut the time to 3 hours in the crockpot. Succulent & moist. Great combination of onion, cumin, mustard & cranberry. Definately a keeper
My husband LOVES por roast, I'm not a big fan, so unfortunately I don't cook it all that much. He is not a fan of cranberry sauce, but I am, so I tried this recipe. It was fabulous. I followed it exactly. He thought he was in heaven. Even the kids liked it. We had a little bit left over. So a couple of days later, cut it into bite size pieces and heated in the sauce on the stove. He still liked it. Will definately make this often. Thanks!