Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is another rediscovered recipe from the depths of my file folders, hidden for many years. I don't think I have ever made this since we don't eat much pork, but it looks delicious and I think I'll make it with the other white meat..chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 24 ounces pork chops
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Lightly brown the chops in the oil in a skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cranberry sauce, and white wine.
- Arrange the chops in the bottom of the stoneware in the crock pot. Sprinkle the salt and pepper, onions, and thyme over the meat.
- Pour the sauce into the pot and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
This was a simple and nice flavored recipe. Only thing we didn't like was it was way too runny, made less wine or as suggested earlier, maybe thicken it at the end. Made for Alphabet Soup tag game.
We enjoyed this. It smelled great cooking all day too. The only change I made was to thicken the sauce at the end because it was a little too watery for us.