Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I can't remember where I got this, but I've been making it for a few years now. A very easy pork chop preparation. One note: the ingredients call for boneless pork chops, but the instructions say to cut the chops toward the bone. I just cut toward where I think the bone might have been. :) I sometimes use dried cranberries instead of fresh (I don't chop them if I do this) and have also used apricot or peach preserves instead of marmalade when that's what I have on hand. Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 boneless pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 325.
- Generously grease a square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Mix cranberries, marmalade and cloves in small bowl.
- Make a pocket in each chop by cutting into pork toward the bone (or wherever you think the bone could have been. Hah!) Fill pockets with cranberry mixture.
- Place in pan and spoon 1 tablespoon of honey over each chop.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until chops are no longer pink in center.
I made this last night but really didn't care for it.....I didn't find that the pork was tender enough...and the sauce lacked something. If I make it again, I think I'll add some salsa to kick it up a bit.
I don't know if I really cared for these too much. While it was relatively easy to make, I didn't really like the cloves in there, and all in all, I didn't think the 'stuffing' added that much flavor. Chops did come out moist though. Thanks anyway.
Yum!! I made these for dinner tonight. I have a habit of taking the basic recipe and making it my own. I didn't stuff them but cooked them with the sauce over them. I used some of my homemade peach jam, and it was a tad runnier than I had hoped, but that's how it goes.... I also used frozen cranberries, and the water came out of those too. I cooked down the sauce a bit in hopes of reducing it, should have used a bit of cornstarch. But those were not due to the recipe, but was a fault of my own. The taste was wonderful, and the pork chops were nice and moist. I will make these again!!