Recipe by ChrisMc
I recommend making the effort to use cider and stock, rather than juice and broth - it really adds considerable flavor. This is another recipe with a very "fall" feeling - nice and rich, but most of the flavor comes from fruit rather than fat.
Top Review by JoanPaq2
A creative recipe for pork chops! I had to make just 2 adjustments. I didn't have any scallions and had no substitutions. I didn't have a fresh orange for the peel but I did have some fresh orange juice. So I used about 1/4 cup of the OJ along with 1/4 cup of chicken broth. End result was very tasty and a good use for the fresh cranberries I had.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 4 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge pork chops in flour and pepper.
- Brown in 1/2 of the oil, and remove from heat.
- Add the remaining oil and 1 tbs of the leftover dredging flour.
- Stir in the cider, stock, sugar, orange zest, and cranberries.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, add chops, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes per side or until chops are done.
- Add the scallions and serve.