Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I recommend making the effort to use cider and stock, rather than juice and broth - it really adds considerable flavor. This is another recipe with a very "fall" feeling - nice and rich, but most of the flavor comes from fruit rather than fat.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Dredge pork chops in flour and pepper.
- Brown in 1/2 of the oil, and remove from heat.
- Add the remaining oil and 1 tbs of the leftover dredging flour.
- Stir in the cider, stock, sugar, orange zest, and cranberries.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, add chops, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes per side or until chops are done.
- Add the scallions and serve.
A creative recipe for pork chops! I had to make just 2 adjustments. I didn't have any scallions and had no substitutions. I didn't have a fresh orange for the peel but I did have some fresh orange juice. So I used about 1/4 cup of the OJ along with 1/4 cup of chicken broth. End result was very tasty and a good use for the fresh cranberries I had.
Awesome. The first Recipe I tried on RecipeZaar and its great. Although it might be a little advanced in taste for litle ones with the cranberries and orange zest, but the adults loved it. I'll definitely try this one again.
Wonderful pork chops! Fresh cranberries are not available now so I used orange flavored dried cranberries and did not add the orange zest. Also used apple juice instead of cider. A definite keeper!