I recommend making the effort to use cider and stock, rather than juice and broth - it really adds considerable flavor. This is another recipe with a very "fall" feeling - nice and rich, but most of the flavor comes from fruit rather than fat.
- Dredge pork chops in flour and pepper.
- Brown in 1/2 of the oil, and remove from heat.
- Add the remaining oil and 1 tbs of the leftover dredging flour.
- Stir in the cider, stock, sugar, orange zest, and cranberries.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, add chops, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes per side or until chops are done.
- Add the scallions and serve.
Awesome. The first Recipe I tried on RecipeZaar and its great. Although it might be a little advanced in taste for litle ones with the cranberries and orange zest, but the adults loved it. I'll definitely try this one again.
Wonderful pork chops! Fresh cranberries are not available now so I used orange flavored dried cranberries and did not add the orange zest. Also used apple juice instead of cider. A definite keeper!
Very nice recipe. I used dried cranberries and lemon zest cause I had no oranges and it came out fine. Will cook again, as it is easy and fast to make.