I recommend making the effort to use cider and stock, rather than juice and broth - it really adds considerable flavor. This is another recipe with a very "fall" feeling - nice and rich, but most of the flavor comes from fruit rather than fat.
- Dredge pork chops in flour and pepper.
- Brown in 1/2 of the oil, and remove from heat.
- Add the remaining oil and 1 tbs of the leftover dredging flour.
- Stir in the cider, stock, sugar, orange zest, and cranberries.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, add chops, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes per side or until chops are done.
- Add the scallions and serve.