Recipe by Chef53Kathy
Soon cranberries will be showing up in the grocery stores and this recipe is one that I make quite often during the winter months. I even buy and freeze cranberries so that I can make this whenever I'm hungry for it!! I've served it for Christmas parties, etc. and it's always well received. When I make this in a large amount for a party, I line my chops up domino style and try to spoon the sauce down the center of the row, it looks so pretty that way!
Top Review by charbon
I bought cranberries at the local farmers market today and decided to try cooking with them. I made this dish with mashed potatoes and turnips and carrots as a side and it was delicious. I highly recommend trying it.
- 4 pork chops, one inch thick
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chops with salt and pepper and lightly dregde in the flour. In a medium hot skillet fry the chops in the oil until lightly browned. Place in a casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, combine the berries, sugar and water and cook over medium heat until the berries 'pop' and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Pour over the pork chops. cover and bake at 350* for one hour or until the chops are tender.