Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From FFA/HERO cookbook.
- 4 pork chops, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry sauce, whole
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-in strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Render trimmings in skillet to obtain 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Brown pork chops in drippings.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
- Pour reserved syrup adn cranberry sauce over pork chops.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 1/2 cup boiling water.
- Add brown sugar and vinegar.
- Pour over pork chops.
- Simmer covered, for 20 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
- Cook covered, for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove pork chops and pineapple to warm plattter.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 T. water in bowl.
- Add to cranberry mixture.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over pork chops.
Made this tonight and I "basically" followed the directions but I squidged on the measurements. That being said, the sauce had a nice taste but my pork chops seemed a bit dry. I'm going to play with the timing again. Thanks!
I made this recipe for a family party, and everyone loved it! This recipe is a keeper.