Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender pork bites in a sweet, slightly spicy sauce w/ whole cranberries. This turned out so well, my daughter insisted I write it down immediately, and serve it for her birthday dinner. For best results, use a non stick wok on high heat.
- 2 lbs pork, cubed aprox 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper oil
- 4 ounces cranberries (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (raw)
- Heat both oils till extremely hot in wok. Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Add cranberries, sherry and cayenne pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly till all berries pop and sauce begins to thicken.
- Finish by adding sugar and stir till melted.