1/2 Photos of Cranberry-Poppy Seed-Orange Loaf
1 hr 15 mins
Jenny Sanders's Note:
Three delightful flavours get together in this tasty loaf cake, and set each other off nicely. This cake keeps well, and is actually better once it has sat for a day or two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a large loaf pan.
- 3Cream the butter and work in the sugar, then beat in the egg and the orange zest.
- 4Mix the flour with the baking powder, the salt and the poppyseeds.
- 5Fold the flour into the sugar mixture alternately with the orange juice and the milk.
- 6Gently stir in the chopped cranberries.
- 7Scrape into the greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 8If desired, it can instead be baked in a 9" square pan for 30 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Poppy Seed-Orange Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 212.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of