Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries, chopped
- confectioners' sugar, glaze (optional)
- Grease bottom of an 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2" loaf pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, poppy seed and baking powder; set aside.
- Blend milk, margarine, egg substitute, vanilla and lemon peel; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in cranberries; spread in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350^ for 60 to 70 minutes or until done, cool.
- Drizzle with glaze if desired.