Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup Fleischmann's margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries, chopped
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 -6 teaspoons water
- In large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, poppy seed and baking powder; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine milk margarine, Egg Beaters®, vanilla and lemon peel.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Spread batter into greased 8 1/2X 4 1/2X2 1/4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze, if desired.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and water until smooth.
This was very moist,and I liked the texture the poppyseed adds.I accidently put in lemon extract instead of the vanilla,but it was good!