Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
In response to a request for a wheat free, dairy free, and yeast free Bread.
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1⁄3 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- Lightly oil (or spray with a light mist of oil) a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, place the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, and baking powder, stir well to combine, and set aside.
- In another bowl, place the water and egg replacer, and whisk vigorously for 1 minute or until very frothy (almost like beaten egg whites).
- Add the Spectrum Spread and whisk until smooth.
- Add the soy milk and vanilla, and whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Place the loaf pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes, remove the loaf from the pan, and cool completely before slicing or storing.
- Store wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.