Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
For the Holidays, I like to try a couple of new recipes every year. FOUND ONE!! This recipe comes from the new FoodNetwork Magazine! Times do not include chilling time.
- Pulse the cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until chunky and juicy, about 8 times (pulses).
- Set aside for 20 minutes to macerate.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice, the cinnamon stick, peppercorns, orange peel and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over med heat; simmer stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat; let steep for 20 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon, peppercorns and orange peel.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup pomegranate juice and 1/4 cup cold water in a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top.
- Set aside without stirring until the gelatin softens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the steeped pomegranate juice to the gelatin mixture and stir until the gelatin dissolves.
- Spread a thin layer of the cranberry mixture in a 9 X 5 loaf pan; pour in enough of the pomegranate-gelatin mixture to cover the bottom(about 3/4 cup).
- Refrigerate until just beginning to set, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the remaining cranberries into the remaining gelatin mixture and set aside, unrefrigerated.
- Once the bottom layer is set, pour in the remaining gelatin mixture and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert the terrine onto a platter.
- Garnish with orange zest.