Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe found on bonappetit.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries (about 14 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated meyer lemon peel
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large saucepan. Stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until the cranberries begin to burst; stirring often, about every 5 minutes. Cook about 15-20 minutes. If the cranberries are boiling too much, reduce heat.
- Stir in the Meyer lemon zest. Taste test and correct with more pomegranate and/or sugar if needed.
- Transfer to storage container, cover and chill.
- Note: the sauce can be prepared 3 days ahead.
- Tip: I made the sauce four days in advance of Thanksgiving and froze it. I like the flavor best at room temperature.
- Yield is estimated.