1/1 Photo of Cranberry-Pistachio Scones
A buttery-rich scone is nothing more than a glorified biscuit—made even more delicious with sweet and savory twists. From Southern Living's facebook page -- Easy, Irresistible Scones; originally published in Southern Living, December 2010.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly and mixture resembles small peas. Freeze 5 minutes.
- 4Add 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream, cranberries, and pistachios, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Turn dough out onto wax paper; gently press or pat dough into a 7-inch round (mixture will be crumbly). Cut round into 8 wedges.
- 6Place wedges 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops of wedges with remaining 2 tablespoons cream just until moistened.
- 7Bake at 450° for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Pistachio Scones
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.3
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 394.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g