Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Pudding mix and cookie mix are the secrets to an easy twice-baked Italian classic cookie.
Make and share this Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti (Cookie Mix) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dry-roasted salted pistachio nut, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, pudding mix and flour.
- Stir in melted butter and eggs until soft dough forms.
- Stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half.
- On each of 2 ungreased cookie sheets, shape half of dough into 15x2-inch log.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250°F
- Place logs on cutting board.
- Cut crosswise into 3/4-inch slices.
- Place slices cut sides down on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 40 minutes, turning once.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- With small, fine strainer, lightly sprinkle powdered sugar over tops of cookies.
- Store loosely covered.
I made these with double the pistachios and no cranberries - a definite yum! I will be making these again - SO EASY. The variations on this are endless - different flavors of pudding mix, different nuts/fruit. I plan to do lots of experimenting - I'll post again if I come up with anything unusually good. Great texture - not too hard. Thanks for posting!!