Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
In place of pistachios use almonds.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted pistachios or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cookie sheet, greased.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually add dry ingredients until a sticky dough forms. Using floured hands, work in cranberries and nuts until evenly distributed and dough is smooth.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into two rolls about 10 inches long. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on sheet for 10 minutes, then cut into slices ½ to ¾ inch thick. Arrange slices upright on cookie sheet. Lower oven heat to 300°F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm and dry. Immediately transfer to wire racks. Makes about 3 dozen.
- 500 Best Cookies, Bars & Squares.