Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is a Taste Of Home recipe that originally called for 1 1/4 cups dried cherries. Since I find the white chocolate to be so sweet I subbed cranberries to give it a little tartness. I buy the pistachios already roasted to save time and if I can find peeled ones that's even better. I think next time I make this I'm going to double the cranberries and pistachios - I'll come back and post my thoughts on doubling these ingredients after a taste test. This makes a very pretty and festive looking bark for the holidays. Also, I find Merckens has a much better taste so if possible use Merckens which is sometimes packaged under the brand name of CK Products.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I did use dried cherries in this first try at this recipe & was very happy with the results, probably because those cherries I get at our local bulk food store are definitely not sweet cherries, which we really liked in combination with the sweet white chocolate! Nevertheless, I look forward to making this with cranberries during the end-of-year holidays! Definitely a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
- 2 (11 ounce) packages white vanilla chips
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) package white chocolate candy melts (such as Wilton's or Merckens)
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups shelled pistachios, roasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chips and candy melts on medium high heat for 1 minute then stir.
- Continue to melt at 30 second intervals stirring each time until all candy is melted.
- Stir in cranberries and pistachios, mixing well.
- Spread on prepared pan and let sit until firm about 2 hours.
- When firm remove foil and break into pieces.
- Alternatively, refrigerate for 20 minutes and using a sharp knife score surface of candy making diamond shapes about 1/8 inch deep.
- Refrigerate 40 minutes longer or until set.
- Cut along scored lines into diamonds.
- Store in airtight container in cool location.