2 hrs 15 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This is a Taste Of Home recipe that originally called for 1 1/4 cups dried cherries. Since I find the white chocolate to be so sweet I subbed cranberries to give it a little tartness. I buy the pistachios already roasted to save time and if I can find peeled ones that's even better. I think next time I make this I'm going to double the cranberries and pistachios - I'll come back and post my thoughts on doubling these ingredients after a taste test. This makes a very pretty and festive looking bark for the holidays. Also, I find Merckens has a much better taste so if possible use Merckens which is sometimes packaged under the brand name of CK Products.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (11 ounce) packages white vanilla chips
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) package white chocolate candy melts (such as Wilton's or Merckens)
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups shelled pistachios, roasted and chopped
- 1Line a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- 2In a microwave safe bowl melt chips and candy melts on medium high heat for 1 minute then stir.
- 3Continue to melt at 30 second intervals stirring each time until all candy is melted.
- 4Stir in cranberries and pistachios, mixing well.
- 5Spread on prepared pan and let sit until firm about 2 hours.
- 6When firm remove foil and break into pieces.
- 7Alternatively, refrigerate for 20 minutes and using a sharp knife score surface of candy making diamond shapes about 1/8 inch deep.
- 8Refrigerate 40 minutes longer or until set.
- 9Cut along scored lines into diamonds.
- 10Store in airtight container in cool location.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Pistachio Bark
Serving Size: 1 (1345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1724.5
- Calories from Fat 901
- Total Fat 100.1 g
- Saturated Fat 51.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 386.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 196.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 181.3 g
- Protein 23.2 g