1/1 Photo of Cranberry Pineapple Sorbet
Sydney Mike's Note:
Frozen desserts might not be all that great during the winter months, but just think of how great they'll taste when the weather gets warmer! Preparation time does not include the time it takes to freeze, freeze & refreeze the finished product.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Zest the orange, reserving some curls for garnish, & finely chopping 1 tablespoon of zest for the recipe.
- 2Cut the white pith from the orange, leaving just the flesh of the orange. Finely chop the flesh, keeping 1/2 cup to use.
- 3Combine cranberries, pineapple, sugar, orange pulp & the finely chopped zest.
- 4Process in batches in blender or food processor, until coarsely chopped [OR chop everything coarsely in a hand-operated chopper].
- 5Pour into metal bowl &, stir in Grand Marnier, if using it.
- 6Cover & freeze about 2 hours, or until frozen about 2" from the sides.
- 7Scrape down the frozen part, & beat with electric beater until uniform in texture.
- 8Return to freezer & then repeat the freezing/scraping/beating twice more.
- 9Freeze completely after last beating.
- 10To serve, spoon into dishes & garnish with a curl or two of orange zest.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Pineapple Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g