Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Family holiday favorite.
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- lettuce leaf
- Cool Whip
- In a bowl, dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Break up and stir in cranberry sauce.
- Add pineapple, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Chill until partially set.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a 11x7 inch dish.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into squares; serve on a lettuce leaf; top with a dollop of Cool Whip.
I stumbled across this recipe last year and had almost everything I needed to make it except the nuts and grapes - and it was so simple and tasted delicious. My MIL asked me to make it again this year it was so good.
My SIL made this--omitting the walnuts. It disappeared quickly from our Thanksgiving table. Glad to find the recipe here so I can make it too.
Call me crazy but I love the canned cranberry sauce. I knew I had to try this recipe when I saw it in the ingredient list. This was a very delicious and beautiful congealed salad. Sweet and tart and crunchy. I served with roasted pork tenderloin and some other vegetables. Thank you.