Recipe by Cheesehead
My mom always made this. It isn't overly sweet and also looks pretty at Christmas.
- 13 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 7 ounces ginger ale (Vernors if you have it)
- 1 (1 lb) can cranberry sauce (the smooth jellied kind)
- 1 (2 ounce) package Dream Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple; save the syrup.
- Add water to the pineapple juice to equal 1 cup.
- Heat pineapple juice to a boil.
- Dissolve Jello in juice, stir until dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Gently stir in ginger ale, let partially set.
- Blend in cranberry sauce and pineapple and chill until firm.
- Make dessert topping according to directions, then add cream cheese to the dessert topping and blend.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- We always have this at Thanksgiving time.