Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen I made this for thanksgiving and it was scrumptous
Top Review by Kathy P.
Make this every year for my family. Use the juice from pineapple and can add orange juice for more flavor (instead of water). I omit the confectioners sugar and add 1 cup sour cream with cream cheese only. Not so sweat and makes a great side for your turkey and trimmings. Top with chopped walnuts or grated orange rind for flavor/color.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raspberry gelatin powder
- 0.5 (8 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 4-cup gelatin mold or a 9-inch square pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, combine the raspberry gelatin and unflavored gelatin. Add 1 cup boiling water and stir with a metal spoon continuously for 2 minutes, until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Add the pineapple and juice, cranberry sauce, and walnuts. Stir with a metal spoon until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared mold, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- About 1 hour before serving, invert the mold onto a serving platter and allow to sit at room temperature; the salad will release itself and come clean from the mold.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped cream and walnuts in bowl. Spoon into the center of the mold.