Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an excellent accompaniment for poultry and pork. Nice change from stuffing. Cook time is for boiling rice.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cranberries
- Melt butter in a covered saucepan; saute onion until transparent.
- Add parsley.
- Combine bouillon cubes and boiling water.
- Add to onion and parsley.
- Stir in rice; bring mixture to a boil.
- Add cranberries.
- Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
I took the easy way out I skipped the 2 chicken bouillon cubes and used my chicken stock. I used dried onion flakes. Put it all in a rice cooker and walla a easy delish side. Just a note I used dried cranberries being thats what I had on hand and didn`t say fresh or dried.
Pink rice! Flavour was fine with fresh local organic cranberries but I think dry would taste better. I used avocado oil because we are dairy free but did not take that into account in my star rating. I know butter would be tastier. I used organic purple onion, organic parsley, grey sea salt and no bullion cubes because of their nasty ingredients, and long soaking basmati rice which I soaked and added to the onion mixture with cold water, then brought to a boil, reduced heat and simmered for said time.