Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I discovered this recipe from our community newspaper while living in NH. It is easy, unusual and get rave reviews every Fall. .
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 beaten large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- Grease 10 inch pie plate. Sprinkle cranberries,1/2c sugar and walnuts over pie plate, in that order.
- Beat eggs unitll yolks and whites are combinedd, add remaining 1 c sugar,butter,sour cream and flour. Beat just unitll dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour over ingredients in pie plate. Bake at 325 untill brown on top-about 55 minute Makes 8 servings.
A nice blend of SWEET and TART! I added 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1-1/2 tsp orange extract ~ and used 1/2 cup sour cream because the batter was so thick! Made for Flours and Romance in the Photo Forum, February 2012