Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cranberries are a favorite at this house and this simple pie has HUGE cranberry taste. Creamy with both sweet and tart flavors. It's wonderful served warm with vanilla ice cream but good chilled too. I found this recipe on an e-zine list I belong too. It's our favorite pie recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen,washed (do not need to be thawed)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 double crust, for a 9 inch pie dish
- Mix 1 cup sugar, flour, salt.
- Add cranberries and mix well.
- Put mixture into pie crust.
- Pour cream over top.
- Cover berries with 2nd pie crust.
- Make 4-6 slashes in dough for vents.
- Brush with remaining cream and sprinkle with 2T sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Made this as a dessert when my son & DIL were over for the evening, &, served with a frozen yogurt, we almost managed to devour it completely during the evening! For me, this was a nice, new & thoroughly enjoyable twist to the cranberry pies I usually make! A keeper of a recipe, too! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my theme ~ It's CRANBERRY Time! ~ in the current My 3 Chefs event]