Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the book, "So Easy So Delicious" by Ellie Deaner. If you want to use this recipe for pasta, use only 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1 cup cranberries
- 5 basil leaves (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -3 tablespoon sugar, divided
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Place cranberries, basil, lemon juice, 1 T sugar and salt and pepper in food processor.
- Add nuts and oil.
- Using the steel blade, process to a coarse textured spread.
- Add remaining sugar to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Spread a thin layer on crackers or sliced French bread.
- Top with thinly sliced turkey breast or Brie cheese.