- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
Tart filling Ingredients
- 2 cups pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine sugar and butter in mixing bowl. Mix until fluffy.
- Add egg and flour to sugar/butter mixture. Combine well.
- Press into 11-12 inch tart pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Toast pecans at 350°F for about 20 minutes shaking half way through.
- Mix together all filling ingredients except pecans and cranberries in large mixing bowl.
- Gently fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into tart crust and bake for 40-45 minutes.