Recipe by Amy Martin KV
I found this recipe in Every Day With Rachael Ray, and made several modifications.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
When making it I cut this recipe in half (4 of us at the table when this was served) & followed the recipe right on down! Definitely full of very satisfying flavor ~ loved the cranberries & nuts in it ~ but when I make it again, I'd like to cut back on the amount of liquid used because, I much prefer stuffing with a bit less moisture! Still, your recipe is well-worth 5 stars! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 cup dried cranberries (5oz)
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic (Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic)
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 (6 ounce) box turkey stuffing mix
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 quart chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°G.
- Pour two cups boiling water over cranberries and let soak for 30 minutes. Do not drain.
- Saute the onion and celery until soft. Add the Garlic Garlic during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Combine the stuffing mixes, pecans, onions, beaten eggs, broth, and cranberries (with liquid).
- Bake, covered, for about 45 minutes. Remove the cover for the last 15 minutes.