Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I had this recipe in my "to make file" since 2005. I finally made it today. I'm still trying to figure out why I waited so long to make this. Simply delicious. Hope you don't wait as long as I did to try this recipe. I used dried parsley, regular mayo and regular yogurt because that's all I had on hand; it was still delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Combine shrimp, celery, cranberries, pecans, parsley, mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Absolutely loved this shrimp salad, & I only increased the nuts to 2/3 cup & the dried cranberries to a full cup because we like both of them so much! Such a satisfying new way for us to enjoy shrimp! Thanks for this great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]