Recipe by Clarely
This is bsed on Cinnamon Raisin Bread for the Bread Machine (which was the first thing I made in my bread machine). I got to thinking that cranberries would be good in bread for a turkey sandwich-- like thanksgiving dinner all wrapped up as my husband said-- and I love texture in breads. Turns out it's great by itself too!
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
DELICIOUS! Instead of making one loaf in the bread machine, I baked these in a min-loaf pan with eight openings 3.7" x 2.4" each, and baked them in my oven. I added three additional tablespoons brown sugar, one tablespoon vital wheat gluten, and two teaspoons orange extract to the recipe ~ because my kitchen was only about 60F, it took 2 1/2 hours for the little loaves to rise the second time! Made for P-A-R-T-Y 2011.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients (except cranberries and pecans) in order recommended for your bread machine.
- Add the cranberries and pecans when your machine alerts you (avoids them getting too beat up in the initial mixing and kneading).
- Bake on the "sweet bread" setting, medium crust darkness, 1.5 lb loaf.