Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Each year my company has a cook-off. This was this year's winner in the Salad-Taster's Choice category. It was so yummy, I thought I had to share it! (Courtesy of Becky Miller)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread pecans evenly on a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper; mix until the sugar and salt dissolve. Whisk in olive oil.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the greens, cranberries, onions, pecans, and cheese.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss gently to coat.
This was a perfect salad for DH: good ingredients and a non-intrusive vinaigrette. I think my reservation stemmed from my lackluster feta cheese -- I yearned for blue cheese or a jazzier version of feta cheese. I should have stopped toasting the pecans at 8 minutes, mine at 9 minutes were slightly over done. DH will bug me to make this again soon. Thanks for posting, Cooks4_6!. Made for Healthy Choces ABC Tag.
A very nice salad. I think I expected more fruitiness in the dressing. I may try some other vinigrettes--with this combination of greens, fruits and nuts--in the future, but I definitely will make this salad again.
Very good! I made half the salad for lunch today for my DH and I. We also subbed reduced fat feta and splenda in place of the sugar as Sarah_Jayne noted. After lunch my DH said he'd 'give this one his highest mark' - what a complement and I certainly agree. Simple and very quick to prepare. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game.