Recipe by cam970 Moore
This is one of my favorite rice recipes. I don't recall where I got it, but it was somewhere online. What I especially like about it, is how very easy it is to make, and the rave reviews it never fails to get!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (I've also used pine nuts and even prefer them)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add rice. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and heat to boiling, stir once or twice. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, cranberries, pecans and onions. Season to tast w/salt and pepper.
- *to toast pecans (or pine-nuts) spread on small baking sheet. Bake at 350 5-8 minutes (keep an eye they don't burn) or until golden brown. Stir frequently.