Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful pie, especially at Christmas with the color and all. The texture is similiar to pecan pie, but the filling has the wonderful flavor of cranberries.May use frozen cranberries in place of fresh
- pie pastry
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- speck salt
- 3⁄4-1 cup pecan halves
- Roll out the pie crust until it 1/8" thick and press into a 9" pie pan. Flute the edges and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350*. (325* if using glass pan).
- Process the cranberries until finely chopped; arrange over the bottom of pie shell and set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the eggs till frothy.
- Mix in the sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, mace and salt.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cranberries.
- Arrange the pecan halves on top of pie in circles, beginning with the outer edge and working your way to middle, covering completely.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the pie is golden brown and almost set. it will still be a little shaky but will firm up as it cools.