Recipe by Mia in Germany
This is a chewy cookie which I made up some years ago. It can be made with gluten free oats and gluten free flour, too. The amount is a guess because I didn't make these cookies for about two years and can't remember how many it yields, but I guess it is something around 30 cookies.
Top Review by elcue
These are delicious. Just chewy enough. My batch is still baking now, but I had to try one from the first pan. Love the maple undertone in them. I added a drop of vanilla. I also blanched the cranberries to plump them. I got closer to 40 cookies. Baked 15 minutes (I live at 6,000 feet). My son will love these. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehehat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop pecans and cranberries.
- Cream together butter, egg, sugar and syrup.
- Stir in flour, oats and baking powder.
- Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- With a teaspoon, drop dough onto baking paper lined cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake about 10 to 20 minutes (I remember the time varied for some reason each time I made them. Start watching them after 10 minutes).