Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a chewy cookie which I made up some years ago. It can be made with gluten free oats and gluten free flour, too. The amount is a guess because I didn't make these cookies for about two years and can't remember how many it yields, but I guess it is something around 30 cookies.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Prehehat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop pecans and cranberries.
- Cream together butter, egg, sugar and syrup.
- Stir in flour, oats and baking powder.
- Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- With a teaspoon, drop dough onto baking paper lined cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake about 10 to 20 minutes (I remember the time varied for some reason each time I made them. Start watching them after 10 minutes).
I replaces the dried berries with chopped fresh frozen, subbed Splenda for the sugar and used no sugar added syrup. Oh my, they are yummy. My company inhaled them at cards last night. These would be wonderful on the Christmas cookie tray. They have a lovely texture and didn't get hard and crunchy. Full marks for me.
I absolutely LOVE these, so yummy! I only had cheap maple syrup so I just put a dash and replaced the rest with brown sugar. I will for sure be making these again and maybe double recipe next time.
These are really yummy! My step-son recently went vegan, so I made these with egg replacer and vegan buttery stick "butter". When I went to reach for the brown sugar, I remembered that I had sucanat, so I used that instead. These are so good! :) Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC.