Recipe by hoosiermomcooks
I pulled this recipe out of either Woman's Day or Family Circle about 10 years ago. It was actually listed as a holiday gift mix recipe. The pecans and cranberries would look lovely layered with the other dry ingredients in a cellophane bag, but I always end up making it just for the family. My husband isn't a big fan of cranberries but these are always a hit.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour sugar, baking powder salt,and cinnamon into a large bowl (a great job for kids). Carefully pour the mixture into a clear cellophone bag big enough to hold about 5 cups. Next, top the mixture with the dried cranberries followed by the pecans to create a layered look. Seal the top of the bag with clear packing tape. Then tie on a ribbon and a card with the instructions below printed inside or to prepare muffins --
- Heat the oven to 400 and butter the bottoms only of 12 regular-sized or 6 jumbo muffin cups.
- Pour the muffin mix into a large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. In another bowl, whisk 1 large egg. Then blend in 1 1/2 cups of milk and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour in the liquid mixture and stir just until smooth. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins on the center oven rack until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes for regular muffins or 20 to 25 minutes for jumbo muffins. Serve warm and enjoy!