Recipe by swissms
From Land O'Lakes. I substitute pecans for the macadamia nuts. I include these in my Christmas cookie gift tins and they are always very popular.
Top Review by Miss Eve
What can I say except WOW!! I didn't have an 8x8 inch pan so doubled the crust recipe, baked it in an 9x9 inch pan and it still turned out just fine. I did have to bake it a few minutes longer but that was no problem. Nothing else in the recipe was changed. These are so way past good, so easy to make, and I can't to share the recipe with family and friends. THANK YOU for this wonderful recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup macadamia nuts or 2⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine all crust ingredients in small bowl. Beat at low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into ungreased 8" square baking pan. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine all filling ingredients in medium bowl until well mixed. Carefully spread filling over hot, partially baked crust. Bake 22-27 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine powdered sugar, orange pee and enough orange juice for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Drizzle glaze over warm bars. Cool completely.