Auntie Mags's Note:
A sweet and savory side dish that goes great with all types of main dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice, uncooked
- 1/3 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1In large saucepan, bring water and salt to boil.
- 2Add rices, cover and turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.Add a little more water if it evaporates before 20 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, stir, and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- 4Add cranberries, stir and let cool to room temperature uncovered.
- 5Stir in scallions.
- 6Mix dressing ingredients together (except for pecans) in a small bowl an whisk until incorporated.
- 7Add to rice mixture and toss to coat.
- 8Stir in pecans. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Pecan Curry Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.6
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 883.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g