Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A sweet and savory side dish that goes great with all types of main dishes.
Make and share this Cranberry Pecan Curry Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain brown rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- In large saucepan, bring water and salt to boil.
- Add rices, cover and turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.Add a little more water if it evaporates before 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir, and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries, stir and let cool to room temperature uncovered.
- Stir in scallions.
- Mix dressing ingredients together (except for pecans) in a small bowl an whisk until incorporated.
- Add to rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Stir in pecans. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
Auntie Mags, this salad is wonderful, I love the flavor. I cut the oil down to 1/3 of the called for amount, otherwise made exactly as written. I'm always looking for ways to liven up brown rice, and I'm so glad you posted this recipe. It's perfect to take to work for lunch too. I've been making this every week now and I love it, thanks Auntie Mags!