Prep 8 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I make up Christmas cookie tins, I always like to include one or two savory cookies. This recipe is from Southern Living's December 2011 issue. Preparation time includes 8 hours chilling time.
- 354.88 ml chopped pecans
- 354.88 ml coarsely chopped dried sweetened cranberries
- 473.18 ml butter, softened
- 946.36 ml freshly shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml ground red pepper
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool completely (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, soak cranberries in boiling water to cover 15 minutes; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Beat butter and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, beating just until combined. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Shape dough into 4 (12-inch-long) logs; wrap each log in plastic wrap. Chill 8 hours to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each log into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks, and cool completely (about 20 minutes).