Recipe by Skippy [BW]
Not much to say for this recipe. It sounded really good in the magazine
Top Review by Outta Here
This is one of those recipes that needs TEN stars. Absolutely delicious. The crunch of the pecans, the tart of the cranberries and the sweetness from the orange peel are all great with the nuttiness of the rice (I used Lundberg's Brown and Wild rice blend) I did not use this as a stuffing, but served as a side dish. Perfect!!! Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! December Cooking Event 2009
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped (substitute with onions if you want)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix cranberries,orange peel with vegetable broth and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauce pan over high heat and add margarine. Stir in celery,shallots and poultry seasoning. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries, orange peel, vegetable broth, pecans, parsley, and rice and cook over medium heat for 3 or more minutes or until liquid is gone.