Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Your Family and friends will think that you spent all day baking this Cranberry-Pecan bread, when they taste it they will insist that you did.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package dried sweetened cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in the order suggested by manufacturer, adding dried cranberries and nuts WITH Flour.
- Basic/White bread cycle, select Medium/Normal color setting.
Excellent bread - very tasty!
Suuuperb! Great texture. Very nice and chewy. If you're a fruit/nut lover you might wanna add a bit more of the cranberries. I put in a cup instead of 3/4 of pecans and eyeballed the cranberries. Be sure to pack down the sugar well if you're using brown sugar. The flavor of this bread is amazing! Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing.
Well loved by our family! We used 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (cherry flavored) and 1/2 cup of toasted almond slices. This bread almost reached the top of the bread machine; I might swap out a little of the bread flour for a little all-purpose or light whole wheat in the future. This bread is light, has a wonderfully chewy crust, and has enough body to slice very nicely. It should make excellent french toast if we don't eat the whole thing first. Thanks for posting.