Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great side salad or add chicken for a main dish.
- 78.07 ml apricot nectar
- 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 2839.08 ml torn mixed salad greens
- 3 medium pears, sliced
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 177.44 ml crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, in a bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients; set aside. In a heavy skillet, melt sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add walnuts; stir to coat. Remove from the heat.
- In a large salad bowl, combine greens, pears and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing. Add nuts and blue cheese; toss.
The tangy dressing perfectly complements the sweet cranberries and pear! Adding chicken, this salad serves four people as a filling meal. Usually I'm a blue cheese advocate but I would leave it out of this salad next time - its flavor doesn't stand out enough against the others to be worth the fat grams.