Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This uses dried cranberries and fresh pears to make a quick and easy tart. Serve warm with ice cream
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 4 cups pears, peeled and sliced (4 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Press pastry into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the bottom with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the pears, cranberries, apple juice concentrate and apple pie spice over medium heat until pears are tender.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Very good and very easy. Serve warm with Reddy Whip or ice cream. It is very attractive dessert and low in calories even with the crust. Will definitely make again. I am going to try it with apples and cranberries the next time I make it. Thanks for sharing.
This is really good, and so easy for such a fancy dessert! Loved the tart/sweet contrast. Didn't have apple pie spice so used cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.