Recipe by LtlPhyl #2
Make this vivid red relish ahead, transfer to a storage container and chill for up to one week. Cook, prep time and servings are approximate.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (1 12-oz pkg.)
- 2 pears, cored and cubed (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick (4 inch piece)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart saucepan bring sugar and water to boiling; stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Boil rapidly, uncovered.
- Add cranberries, pears, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon.
- Return to boiling.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till cranberry skins pop; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and chill.
- Remove cinnamon stick before serving.