Recipe by Ceezie
I saw this recipe and had to save it here for safekeeping - I am not totally familiar with all of the items in this recipe but plan on purchasing them to make this recipe. This recipe is gluten and dairy free. Source: Healthful Pursuit
- 1 cup millet
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons pureed bosc pears
- 1⁄4 cup ground chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bosc pear, diced small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rock salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place millet, apple juice, and water in a medium sized saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes. Be sure not to lift the lid while cooking. Only check up on millet at the 20-25minute mark. Remove from heat and allow to cool in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper for easy lifting.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients, adding 2.5 cups of the cooked millet to the bowl. Stir until combined.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan, and place in the oven for 45-55 minutes [mine took 50 minutes], or until the corners begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour before cutting with a sharp knife.